Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cindy's Buttermilk Fried Chicken

Whole chicken cut up (I buy the pick of the chick)
buttermilk
Fryin Magic (boxed seasoning mix)
vegetable oil

I soak the chicken in the buttermilk for several hours. When I'm ready to fry the chicken I heat up the oil in my electric skillet. I put fresh buttermilk in a bowl and Fryin Magic in a Ziplock bag. I throw a couple pieces of chicken in the bag, pull it out and dip it in the buttermilk and back into the bag. This gives it a nice double coating of the batter and seals in the juices when it cooks. I fry it just until brown and then put on a rack inside a pan. I bake it on 350 for about 45 minutes or until it tests done with a meat thermometer.

We don't have this very often, but when I do make it I usually serve it with mashed potatoes, gravy, a vegetable and bisquits! Now I'm hungry!

No comments: