Using brown rice will give you lasting energy.
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 10 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables (or 2 cups fresh vegetables, chopped)
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1. In a large pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add onion and rice. Stir and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add vegetables to rice mixture. Cook 2 minutes for frozen vegetables and 5-7 minutes for fresh vegetables.
3. Spread the mixture out to the sides of the pan, leaving space in the middle for the eggs.
4. Add the eggs, and scramble until cooked firm.
5. Mix the eggs with the rice and vegetables, then sprinkle with soy sauce.
Makes 8 servings